Routers are essential for your need for setting up a local area network. Routers, as you might have been aware are generally speaking networking devices which have their application and hardware tailored to the need of redirecting as well as forwarding data. They hook up two or more networks and interchange data packets among them.Linksys is one of the top makers of network routers for homes and small businesses. Linksys offers a broad range of networking devices including both Ethernet and wireless routers. Many find execute linksys router setup quite demanding to undertake.
Routers can be used as a internet gateway to connect to the World wide web and by employing wireless router we can substantially scale down unneeded expenses compared with if we have to provide a server pc .
Configuring WRT54H router isn't really too delicate.First of all , you have to do for Linksys wireless router setup is simply plug the router into your internet broadband connection. That's all. Hardly any specific equipment required. Just plug the router into your internet connection.
Physical Set-up of a LinkSys Router:
Whilst the varied products of LinkSys routers may vary, the general pattern for setup however is quite very similar for all of them.
1. Attach the antennas to the router (for wireless routers).
2. Plug the Ethernet cable using your broadband internet provider's modem into the port labeled "Internet" or "WAN" on the Router.
(Typically placed at the back of the Router)
3. Plug the other Ethernet cable into one of the several available ports (normally numbered 1,2,3,4, and so forth.).
4. Afterwards connect another end of the cable into an Ethernet port on your computer.
WAN & Local Area Network (LAN) Ip Settings
1. Start up Linksys Router.:
2. Using UTP cable that's been supplied connect the cable directly into the pc or notebook computer whilst on the router plug into the LAN port.
3. Specify the Ip address on your computer system / laptop to DHCP. You should get Ip readily of this Router.
4. Subsequently know the Ip used by the pc / laptop.
5. Through a internet browser, enter the ip of the gateway computer (usually your router's default IP is : 192.168.1.1).
6. You'll be later prompted by a window asking for an access to the router. Your default user name and password are admin.
7. Then, On the Internet Connection Type select DHCP or Static.You will need to firstly consult with your Isp to know which options to pick
. Just in case you're linked to the net using a a static IP Address in that case you should enter the static IP Address your Internet service provider assigns you. Netmask, Gateway and also DNS yourself.
8. After that Save Settings.
9.. Now all cable-connected computer clients are already linked to the net
The installation of Wifi Connections
1Head over to Wireless Menu
-Wireless network needs to be in Mixed mode to support both wifi b and g
2. Define the SSID settings based on your requirements.
Take note that SSID must use lowercase , and additionally replace spaces with underscores to avoid some circumstances where some devices that can not support wifi receiver.
3. Set Wireless Channel to default, except in cases where you are hooked up to other wifi / hotspot networks Save Settings.
4.At this point all machines have been hooked up to the internet.You have just concluded Linksys router setup as Internet Gateway .